Thursday, September 15, 2011

I Started Lookin For Excuses


I have a confession to make to you friends. I have been putting this post off for multiple reasons.

First. MAN I don't want to have to account for the past five months of my life outside of this

Second. I have been lacking vision for what to write about. Let's shoot for more than just random words which we throw up on the screen.

Third. It was summer. And let's be real, summertime is not the time for sitting introspectively in front of a computer screen. It's the time to be laying in a field full of grass dreaming about cloud men and the future and doing greatly enormously amazing things with our lives. Summer is a time for dreaming, not for doing. And friends, I dreamed this summer. I also did stuff, but mostly, I climbed onto the lazy river float and just went with the current. It was a delight to stop paddling for a while and to let the river carry me.

But now we're back. It's fall. I have been overcome by the desire to drink hot apple cider and to eat pumpkin pie. I have broken out the sweaters and jeans. And I have jumped out of the lazy river and into the big kid pool -- you know, the one with high dives and crazy older kids who know how to do cool backflips. This metaphor is breaking down, but you catch my meaning I'm sure.

So since we're jumping into new things, why not jump into some new blogging? Let's share this fall and enjoy the passing of seasons and days together. I promise to write you long epistles about the cool books I'm reading and happenstances, and you can promise me to send me long epistles about your fantastic adventures. What fun! If summer is the time for sprawling and dreaming, then fall is the time for energy and color and delight as the air gets crisper and the world comes alive with brilliance for one last Tango before winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment