Saturday, April 23, 2011

Shenandoah!


One of the perks of working at the stereotypical downtown coffee shop is having a piano that cool music students come in and play. It's like having a perpetually changing live soundtrack to work to. One guy plays "on the street where you live," another plays "blue moon," it's always wonderful. Today's person was a guy who, I think, may actually the male form of Ann. The entire time that he was playing his emotion just poured through his music. Part of the way into his little practice session, he played the theme song to a western that I LOVED as a little girl. I couldn't help it, I had a spontaneous happy moment while I listened and as I was having this happy moment I happened to look up and see a tiny old man having the exact same happy moment. He pointed into the air and said "Shenandoah" and then we were friends. How nice to remember that all it takes is something as small as a cheesy western song to make new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment