Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sharing the Sunshine

Hey there! Time is flying. Once again I'm fighting off writers block. I've been off of school for hours now, but I can't seem to bring myself to focus on this paper and write. It seems that I have a million thoughts and ideas, but I'm not exactly sure how to get them out. In the meantime though, I've gone Christmas shopping and made presents and now I feel quite festive as I listen to Karen Carpenter singing "Merry Christmas Darling." I can't quite believe that Christmas is two weeks away (YAY!) It feels more like I will always be right here doing what I am doing now. I guess this moment isn't all bad since I have homemade cocoa and a nice outline for my paper. I will overcome and in a short while we will chat again and I will be telling you how it wasn't all bad and how everything is lovely. Just so you know, it isn't all bad and everything IS pretty lovely. I'm sharing some pictures to show you the highlights from these past few days....

- - I made peppermint hot cocoa for my bible study girls. I think they look festive and it is delicious! I feel so domestic!
- - A friend and I snuck into fancy fancy hotel in downtown and rode the elevator to the top ballroom to look out over the pretty lights...
- - We also went to a ridiculously expensive restaurant and only ordered desert to celebrate her graduation. It was good times. We sat and watched couples come in on dates and tried to read their body language to see if the relationship would last. This is what comes from majoring in human nature...
- - Sunday night I went home and hung out at my brother's house to see their Christmas tree, eat cookies, and watch Christmas movies. It was delightful.

- - Overall this is delightful. Life is so good right now. I am amazed by how God takes care of me to make me smile, content, and fulfilled when I am in the middle of the desert he creates springs of water to satisfy me. I am a lucky one.

No comments:

Post a Comment